Not much can get done around a kitchen without a sharp knife. Cut fruits, meats, vegetables and other items with ease. No one wants a dull knife. So we put together a list for 5 of the best electric kitchen knife sharpeners.
1Chef’sChoice 320 Diamond Knife Sharpener
- For 20 degree class straight edge and serrated knives
- 2-Stage sharpener with precision angle control
- 100% diamond abrasives in stage 1
- Unique stropping and polishing disks in stage 2 for hairsplitting sharpness
- Fast, foolproof results and highly durable Edges
- Patented flex stropping disks in finishing stage creates an unparalleled polished knife edge
- Sharpens: chef’s knives, serrated knives, cleavers and sports knives
- 110 volt
2Gourmia Electric Diamond Knife Sharpener
- MULTIPURPOSE BLADE SHARPENER – High Quality Kitchen Tool Helps You Restore Dull, Lifeless Knives to Pristine Condition; Great for Cutlery, Sport & Tactical Knives
- PROPER 2-STAGE DESIGN – Precision Device Features 2 Blade Guides for Coarse Sharpening & Fine Honing; Pass Knife Through Each Stage 3-5 Times for Best Results
- SAFE, ERGONOMIC HANDLE – Built-In Handle Provides Safe Grip While You Operate Manual Device; Sleek Stainless Material Won’t Stain, Rust or Scratch
- ATTRACTIVE AESTHETIC – Shiny Exterior, Black Accents & Smooth, Modern Silhouette Match Any Home Kitchen Décor; Unit is Small, Slim & Fully Portable
- ALWAYS EASY TO CLEAN – Maintain By Wiping With Damp Cloth & Removing Debris With Mild Brush; Great for Pocket Knives, Ceramic Knives & Hunting Blades
3Grocery Art Knife Sharpener
- 3-in-1 ELECTRIC SHARPENER: Amolador de Cuchillos / GA Knife Sharpener for kitchen, utility, folding, hunting knives, scissors and screwdrivers. This multipurpose knife sharpener saves space in your cupboards & cabinets!
- 2 STAGE MULTI-ANGLE KNIFE SHARPENER: Engineered to both hone and polish simultaneously, with in-built auto angle, this tactical knife sharpener machine brings sharpness and new life back to your knife blades, metal screwdrivers and scissor blades.
- SMALL & COMPACT SHARPENING MACHINE: Featuring a new patented design, our electric knife sharpener for home kitchens can’t be beat.
- MINIMUM EFFORTS, FAST RESULT: Stop fumbling around with that clunky old knife sharpening grinding wheel and whetstone. GA electric sharpener for knives sharpens blades in no time. All you have to do is insert your blade into the slot and press the power button.
- GA KNIFE SHARPENER ELECTRIC: It’s good knife sharpener, it’s the best knife sharpener, it’s the best gift idea!
4Chef’sChoice 130 Professional Electric Knife Sharpener
- Built-in precision angle guides in all three stages eliminate guesswork and produce consistently sharp edges every time.
- Professional sharpening, Steeling, or stropping for all types of 20-degree class knives.
- Sharpen both straight edge and serrated knives including kitchen, household, sports and pocket knives.
- Electric 3-Stage sharpener with 100-percent diamonds in stage 1, super-hardened sharpening steel in stage 2 and flexible stropping disks in stage 3.
- Optimum edge customized for every cutting task.
- Stabilizing rubber feet hold the unit securely to the work surface.
- Single on/off button.
- 3-Year limited .
5EdgeKeeper Electric Knife Sharpener
- SHARPEN IN THE CONVENIENCE OF YOUR HOME: This two stage sharpener quickly and easily sharpens almost any fine edge blade for professional results in the convenience of your home
- SHARPEN AT THE PERFECT ANGLE: The slot angles position the knife at the ideal sharpening angle for perfect results every time
- EASY TO CLEAN & LIMITS MESS: A removable magnet catches all metal shavings for easy maintenance and cleaning
- NON SLIP FEET: The sharpener features non slip feet for safe sharpening
- MEASUREMENTS: The sharpener measures approximately 8.25 inches long x 3.5 inches wide x 4 inches high; 55 Watts/120V; ETL Approved
When is it time to sharpen a knife?
The right time to sharpen a knife can be different based on the usage and the type of knife. A chef might sharpen their knife daily, but with a normal user, you will probably be sharpening your knife once a month.
It’s pretty easy to tell if your knife needs sharpening. Easiest way to test it is by cutting a tomato. Because of its soft center and thick skin, a dull knife will have a hard time cutting. You will end up squeezing the tomato more and have a hard time cutting it. If that’s what you are experiencing then you need to sharpen your knife.
How to sharpen a knife?
There are multiple methods to sharpening a knife. The most basic is using a sharpening stone and gently dragging the knife at an angle on each side of the knife. That can be hard on most individuals and you can sharpen one side more than the other. That is why an electrical sharpener is probably best and easiest.
An electrical kitchen knife sharpener is built for you to be able to place the knife easily into a notch. Then moving the knife back and forth will sharpen your knife evenly. Here is a great video showing you how to use an electrical knife sharpener for your kitchen knife.